Decent Accommodation for singles, couples old & young)to families and small groups in a peaceful tranquil garden setting on the lake side. Away from the town buzz but close to walk to.
Perfect base to relax and experience the nature around us. We give good info for an enjoyable stay. Visit the beach, big game, culture and watch the sun set from the swimming pool garden in one day. Units are very well equipped for self- catering. Lots of self-drive activities or guided.
The town St Lucia is uniquely surrounded by a World Heritage Site, the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, an ideal base to experience our unspoiled natural heritage in one of the oldest, most diverse reserves in the world. Watch the sun rise over the sea and set over the lake in one day. An eco- tourist paradise. We are located in the main street away from the busy town centre, still within walking distance to shops etc.
Units are set in a natural “wild” tranquil garden on the banks of the Estuary. All units have access to the lake via a communal path through the premises. Units have no view of the lake. Enjoy the front garden view of the Estuary, relax on a lounger chair under the trees or cool down in the swimming pool. We are a Birder Friendly Establishment with own garden list. We provide information with maps of this area. On premises is a fish cleaning zinc. The garden is visited by Vervet monkeys, Banded mongoose, Red duiker, Bush-buck, tree squirrels, many birds and sometimes the hippos at night. We offer holiday accommodation, with owner family living on property. Units are standard, comfortable, no-nonsense, very well equipped, clean and neat.
We have 3 joined apartment units. Parking is on premises, 1 bay per unit at carport undercover.
Units are service once daily. All units are equipped as follows:
• Beds with bedding and bath towels
• Cutlery, crockery, pot & pans and cooking utensils
• Stove (with oven), microwave, Fridge, Toaster and Kettle
• Dishtowel and dishcloth, washing pegs, Television, Money Box Safe
• Own little garden separated by plants with braai (BBQ) facility, grid and garden furniture.
3 Adjoining units, ground level, 1x1 bedroom unit and 2x2 bed-roomed units, own bathroom, open plan kitchen-dining-lounge area. Face brick walls inside and out, ceramic tiled floors, carpeted bedrooms and extra high pine ceilings. One bedroom has an air-con and every other room an oscillating fan. The patio sliding door in lounge opens onto own garden area with braai (bbq) patch of grass and garden furniture separated by plants. Bathroom has bath, separate shower, basin and toilet. Dining area has dining table and chairs, lounge have chairs and 2 single beds. These are wheelchair accessible. Sleep max 4 or 6 persons per unit.
All Apartment units are equipped extra with:
• separate chest freezer, Coffee plunger/press
• Satellite Television ( M-Net, Movie 1-2, all sports channels, SABC 1-2-3 and e-TV)
Apartment no. 1 & 2: 1 bedroom with double bed, other bedroom with 2 single beds, 2 single stack/bunker beds in lounge area. 6 Persons.
Apartment no. 3: 1 bedroom with double bed, 2 single beds (used as couch as 1 bed slides in under the other) in lounge area. 4 Persons.
What to bring to St Lucia Wilds
• Food, toiletries, Swimming towels, Insect repellent, sunscreen cream,
• Emergency light (torch), radio, DVD player, Wood / charcoal and blitz Outdoor Activities and Things to do
• Boat Cruises on the lake • Bicycle tours (bring own or rent)
• Fishing – Deep Sea, Surf, Rock, Lake, Fly and drop shot
• Hiking & walking trails self or guided
• Game Watching ( Hluhluwe/Imfolozi Game Reserve, iSimangaliso Wetland Park) self or guided
• Horse Rides (Beach and/or Bush) - guided
• Kayaking on the lake - guided
• Night Drives (into Wetland Park 8-11pm) - guided
• Turtle Tours (Nov – Feb) - guided
• Whale Watching (Advantage Charter)
• Zulu Culture
• Read a book, sleep late, relax.
• Swimming in the sea or swimming pool
- Water: Borehole purified water although bottled water is recommended for sensitive systems.
- Cholera: No threat in St Lucia.
- Climate: Sub-tropical, very humid summers, warm winters, all year rainfall peak in summer.
- Malaria: no risk area (non-drug measurements recommended). Season starts October, peaks Feb/Mar, ends May. Drug related precaution is your choice and responsibility.
- Permits: Ensure you have the necessary documents for activities that require permits on your person. You are responsible to know sizes, bag limits and specific activity areas.
- Swimming: Beaches are unprotected, no shark nets, no lifeguards, rip and side currents.
General Terms and Conditions - We charge a refundable key & breakage fee of R200.00 per unit that will only be refunded after a unit has been checked. Should you depart early, we will mail or electronically refund the fee. - Reservation will automatically be canceled if the deposit payment is not received by due date. - No persons other than those quoted for are permitted to share accommodation and facilities. Children are counted as part of persons per unit, no extra mattresses/beds. - All units are Non-Smoking inside as required by law. - No visitors are allowed at your unit anytime of the day or over-night visitors. - Operate the air conditioner unit as requested.
- The following will not be allowed on the premises:
- Plastic wheel bikes/trikes, skateboards, noisy toys, ketties, toy guns, any type of fireworks or crackers, Quad bikes or motorised toys.
- Loudness unruly and drunken behavior.
- Litter & cigarette butts on our premises.
- Any type of pet.